Configuring VMWare for IDE rather than SCSI (good for installing Linux)
1. File - New - Virtual Machine. Load the wizard.
2. Instead of opting for a "Typical" setup, click for a "Custom" one:
3. Select a new workstation
4. Pick your operating system
5. Go through a few menus until you reach the "Select I/O adapter". Leave this as LSI logic but it's the next few pages you need.
6. Create a new virtual disk.
7. Select "IDE" as the virtual hard drive.
Enjoy this article? Why not subscribe to the full RSS feed?